1 day bike & wine tour in Côte de Beaune
Departures dates :
Everyday all along the year on booking.
Departure at 9.30 AM from the visitor center « Office de Tourisme de Beaune ». Arrive 5 minutes in advance.
Return around 5.00 PM at the visitor center.
DISTANCE : 24 km or 18 miles
LEVEL : EASY mostly down hill and flat
Wines tasting and fun ! Our Burgundy bike tour takes you on a breathtaking experience throughout the Côte de Beaune and Hautes-Côtes with vineyards, villages and fields. Touristics viewpoints, smells and sounds to enjoy a scenic downhill before « Montrachet Grand Cru ». We assure unforgettable memories and great pictures !
- Biking across the vineyards, discover small and typicals villages as Pommard, Volnay, Meursault, Puligny-Montrachet, Saint-Romain,
- Tasting wine in the vineyard,
- Visit of La Rochepot castle or another castle in Chassagne-Montrachet with 4 wines tasting included,
- Enjoy a lunch at a restaurant in Puligny Montrachet,
- Discover « Les Climats de Bourgogne« , a unique World Heritage site in the world with a guide,
- Meet local producers and learn about terroir and locals specifities.
One day cycling tour takes you into the vineyards of the Côte de Beaune. After a short briefing about how to use the bicycle and adjust your helmet, we’ll ride in the heart of Burgundy wines region. You will approach here our culture.
Along the way, we propose a wine tasting in the vineyard which is a good opportunity to explain the differents types of wines in Burgundy. You’ll understand and learn about the grappe varieties to associate a taste, about the soil and why Burgundy wines are so unique and exceptionnal !
After lunch, the trip continue on an easy cycle path and get across famous wines villages.
A local winemaker will welcome you in his winery for a visit of his stone cellar followed by a tasting of at least 4 wines. If you desire you will be able to buy some bottles. The winemaker can deliver your order directly where you want.
Finally, from Pommard, we’ll go back to Beaune by bus at the visitor center.
Your guide is here to take care and help you, for your needs or all questions.
Please contact us for private tour requests. We can customise the tour for you !
The price includes :
- Bike rental
- Transfer to the hill top for Briefing and departure
- Visit of La Rochepot castle or another in Chassagne with 4 wines tasting
- Lunch in restaurant
- English speaking guide
- Visit and wines tasting in a local winery in Pommard
- Transfer from Pommard to Beaune at the end of the tour.
The price doesn’t include :
- Water Bottle for bike ride
- Wines and drinks during lunch
WHAT SHOULD I BRING
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes, see more
- Water bottle
- Sun glasses