Weekend Bike Trip along the « Grands Crus » vineyards
Ride along little hills and wooded paths, go through the vineyards as far as the eye can see on the Burgundy. Explore lush and green acres of the most esteemed vineyards in France. Experience two millennia of viticulture, tasting some of the finest Pinot Noir and Chardonnay in the world. Our cycling vacation traces the saga of wine itself, from Dijon to Gevrey-Chambertin and Beaune, Aloxe-
RATE 990 € / PERSON
LEVEL EASY 30 to 40 KM / DAY
START ANY DAY – Private tours only
Day 1 : Côte de Nuits Ride
You will meet your guide at the Dijon Train station or in your hotel. Then transfer to Gevrey Chambertin for bike departure. You will ride a few miles into the vineyards of the Côte de Nuits, pedal through the most famous plot in the world La Romanee Conti for a stop and picture. You are in the Pinot Noir Capital! Visit the Clos Vougeot, icon of Burgundy built by the monks on XI century. You will enjoy you first meal in Nuits-Saint-Georges in center town in a small casual bistrot, before to start your ride again. Those ride will immerge you in the heart of Burgundy through small paved road, with sunflowers field and vineyards, crossing famous villages, Aloxe-Corton, Pernand-Vergelesses. Passing beside the Charlemagne favorite vineyard. A few miles before Beaune and then sip wines and talk with locals. This town is the pearl of Burgundy, capital of Burgundy wines, but also splendid architecture. A visit of the famous monument The Hospices de Beaune “Maison Dieu” and then a winerie tour with more wines tasting, just to prepare to a gourmet dinner in one of the gorgeous restaurant of Beaune.
Day 2: Côte De Beaune Ride
The favorite bike ride and the most popular, it’s today from Beaune, cycling through picturesque villages in the French countryside. Enjoy extraordinary views of St. Romain’s thirteenth-
- Stunning, luxurious, world-
- Top of the line bicycle selection.
- 1 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinners, and nutritious snacks
- Carefully selected local wines with every delicious meal
- Expert guides with extensive local knowledge
- Complete van support every mile of the way to enjoy your vacation at your own pace
- Wine tastings as outlined in the itineraries.
- Entrance fees to historic sites
What’s not included
- Airfare to and from the trip
- Bike rental. Bikes are available for rental.
- Lodging before and after the trip